Sunday, January 2, 2011

Raw Food Week

Here's what I've been meditating on today...
"So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts." (Ephesians 5:15-19)

Healthy food tip for today:
Almonds
great for a protein snack, an excellent source of zinc which can help you gain smooth unblemished skin. High in magnesium and fiber - two proven energy boosters. They are great on top of salads and cereals, but be careful they are a bit high in calories so don't eat too many; a handful is just right.

This morning my husband suggested that we do a raw food week to continue cleansing and getting healthy. I agreed whole heartedly! I used a be a vegetarian for a short time; about a year and a half and I actually miss it (sometimes). We don't eat red meat or pork in our family as a rule, but there is only so much chicken and turkey you can eat before it starts getting pretty old and boring. So switching it up a bit to raw foods only for a week sounds very good to me. I'm sure I'll feel great by the end of this week.So here's how things went today.

I woke up at around 8:30, prayed, read my Bible and worked out for about 20 minutes. And let me tell you, that little work out really did me some good! I had so much energy all day. I didn't feel tired at all or run down or agitated when I didn't get to eat right after church. I felt refreshed and invigorated today. Praise God! It felt good to actually FEEL GOOD all day. I know life is not all about feelings, but it doesn't hurt to fell good as we go throughout the day.
Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast:
1 small apple
2 glasses of H20

Lunch:
1 Special K protein bar

Dinner:
1 raw veggie wrap (green leaf lettuce, zucchini, shredded carrots, onion, bell pepper, tomato)
corn and black bean salsa (a little on top)
handful of almonds
1 cup green tea

Workout:
20 minutes (strength training with small weights, aerobic and stretching)

Now this is not the best either, because my breakfast and lunch were way too small, but Sundays are unusual for us because our days are extremely busy. I'll do better tomorrow.

I'm feeling good. If you are feeling run down and tired and over weight I encourage you to take the journey with me. You're never going to feel like working out or eating right. So just do it. Do it because it's good for your body. Just do it until you get the good feelings. I promise, if you start, the good feelings with come, eventually.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a blessed and healthy day. Leave a comment to let me know you stopped by...

1 comment:

  1. Girl I so support you and may like to try it with you. Peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete