Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ready, Set, Let Go....

I must admit, I am a little nervous about turning forty this year. My fortieth birthday is July 13th. I think, if I'm honest, I'm most fearful because I'm not in the best shape and I think of forty as really old.

But I have decided that I am going to embrace this new chapter with as much grace, tenacity and humor as I can and make the absolute most out of this new chapter that I am about to open up and begin reading. I have heard so many women say that their lives began at forty. They finally knew what they wanted and who they were at forty. They felt more beautiful at forty....Well, I'm hoping all of that is true, because, right now, at 391/2 I don't feel any of those things. Oh don't get me wrong, I feel attractive, but I look back at some of my photos from 20 years ago and long for that skin, that figure and that energy.

So I have entered a 90 day challenge with Scrapnfit and I am going to blog (even if I have no followers) what I eat and drink, what I do for exercise, my weight (aarrrrgh), my progress and how I'm feeling along the way. I am going to be completely transparent. If I find myself eating emotionally, I'm going to admit it. If I eat a snicker bar, I'm going to confess it. If I don't workout, I 'm going to fess up. After all, who am I fooling, if I don't. If the weight doesn't come off, I have no one to blame but myself.

Finally, I am going to share the stories of women who are 40 or older who are really doing their thing. I need the inspiration!

Okay, here I go. Here's what I ate today.

Breakfast
  • Grits with cheese
  • scrambled eggs with lots of cheese
  • two biscuits with grape jelly
  • one chicken sausage
  • One glass of H20
  • One glass of Plum juice

Lunch
  • One corn dog
  • Two brownies
  • two glasses of H20

Dinner
  • Bag of popcorn
  • 1 Grapefruit
Workout
  • NONE (boo!)

Terrible right??? Well, I told you I was going to be honest. But IT WILL GET BETTER FROM HERE......

So today I weigh 199.8 pounds. I'm ready. I'm set. It's time to let go of 40 lbs and get healthy!
Woo-hoo!

Live long and live strong!
Peace & Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment