Monday, January 3, 2011

Who's Turning 40 With Me This Year?

The word that got my attention today is ROUGH, but it's good for me....
"What sorrows await you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees, Hypocrites! For you are careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy - full of greed and self indulgence! You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean too." (Matthew 23:25-26)

Wow! That was ser-i-ous! I definitely don't want to be among those that Jesus was talking to. While I am getting my body in shape I want to be sure that I am keeping the inside of my vessel; the Spirit Woman in check; making justice, mercy and faith my priorities. I would hate to look fab on the outside and be a "hot mess" on the inside. Not good. I have lots of work to do this year; not just physical...

As I approach the big 4-0 I began to wonder who else was turning this corner with me, this year. You know, 1971 was a very good year. Lot's of very special people were born in the '71. Here are just a few people you may know who will be 40 this year, too...



So I'm in pretty good company. Not a bad looking group, talented, doing their respective "thangs" and getting older with some class. I like that.
  • Mary J. has definitely made a 180 over the years changing from a bitter, angry thug type girl to a beautiful woman who loves God and is not afraid to say it.
  • I admire Jada Pinkett Smith and I remember seeing her at a Darryl's restaurant when I was in college. She had just started on Different World. I like her style and admire her for keeping her marriage together in Hollywood. That is no small feat.
  • My secret crush.....Morris Chestnut will be 40 this year. I knew we had a special bond. (heehee)
  • I remember Rick Fox coming on campus when I was in college at NCCU. Of course he turned lots of heads. He was always real friendly and polite, when we saw him.
  • Ice Cube...what? Is he turning 40 too? You got it! He sure is...And the thing I admire about him is the fact that he figured out the way to really get paid in the industry is to clean up your act. I enjoy his family friendly type movies. I'm proud of him for making the switch.
Okay now for my weight loss update:

Breakfast:
1 cup vanilla low fat yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
1 glass of H20

Lunch:
1 grapefruit
1/2 cup Raisin Bran cereal
whole milk

Dinner
1 veggie wrap (green leaf lettuce, zucchini, onion, bell peppers, tomato, shredded carrots)
1/4 cup brussell sprouts (yuck!!)
1/2 cup vegetable juice

Other beverages:
1 cup green tea with honey
1 1/2 cup Acai juice

Workout:
20 minutes of Michael Jackson the Experience for wii
Isayah and I did this one together and it was too much fun... If you haven't tried it, you should.

Whatever you do, just get active, get moving, sweat a little. {smile}

Thank you for stopping by.

Live long and live strong!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fabulous 40's! You will ENJOY this age! I am 46 years young and loving it!!!

    I applaud you for beginning your raw food week! You are on the right track for sure. You will release weight before you know it!!

    It is such a joy meeting you, and I look forward to reading more about your wonderful journey!

    (((((Many blessings to you and family)))))

    With love,
    ~Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    I love your style! (The Ice Cube observation is priceless)

    I'm 45 for the next six weeks---and loving life. I don't know what the fuss about 40 is---I feel FABULOUS!!

    You GO girl---YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete