Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Toning Up the Temple

Today's Fitness Tip:
Strength Training/Lifting Weights

5 Reasons to Add Strength Training to Your Workout Routine

  1. Lose Fat - If your goal is lose fat and change the overall shape of your body, you will get better results if you add strength training to your workout regimen.
  2. Increase Metabolism - Because muscle burns up fat you will have more sustained energy as you build up more lean muscle mass. I'm not talking about bulky muscle that most women try to avoid, but lean muscle that will make you look slim and healthy.
  3. Reduce risk of energy - as you get older, you become more susceptible to breaking bones and other injuries. However, if you build up your muscles and make your body stronger you will be less likely to have broken bones and other damaging injuries.
  4. Increase self confidence - Which one of us doesn't feel better if we look better? As we get fit and come into better health our confidence will be boosted.
  5. Improve Coordination and Balance - as you learn to lift weights properly your balance and coordination will improve
The Strength Training DVD I LOVE



A few years ago I bought this DVD that I found in my favorite spot...Wally World. It was only a few bucks but boy was it effective. The only trick is you have to DO IT in order for it to work. I'm not going to lie, some times I HATE doing it, but I know it works. I can literally see my body changes as I continue to work out with the Firm ladies.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with apples and raisins
Lunch - Fresh Veggie Wrap (with vinegrette and salsa)
Dinner- Rawsagna!!!

Workout - 30 minutes of Total Body Toner (It's a beast!!! But worth every minute!!!)

Live Long and Live Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment