Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Raw" Lasagna...Dee-lish!

I was so "amped" today to try a new recipe I saw on a raw food website. It's called Rawsagna. This is a raw fresh food version of lasagna. As you may know, I have been eating only raw fresh veggies this week and I've been experiencing some great results. I'll post my weight loss results tomorrow. Anyway, while I'm eating only raw and fresh I didn't want to only eat salads all week. That would be extra boring and I'm not into boring. So I've tried veggie wraps, zucchini "spaghetti" (which was also delicious) and salad made from apples, carrots, raisins and celery (another tasty dish). But this rawsagna was unusual and honestly I didn't know how it would turn out.

But it was terrific!!!


Now this picture really doesn't do it justice, but I wanted to at least show you how it looks. Here's the recipe...

2 medium zucchini sliced in thin sheets
1 bag baby spinach
6 baby Portabella mushrooms
1 medium tomato diced
Tomato sauce (okay I cheated here, but give me credit for trying :)
Pepper
Sea Salt
Dash of nutmeg

After you slice all the ingredients to the desired size layer the zucchini on the bottom of a 9x9 casserole dish add the baby spinach, a dash of nutmeg, then mushrooms, the diced tomatoes, a little salt and pepper, then the tomato sauce. Repeat this process once more and Voila!...Rawsagna is served, Baby!

Listen, my 11 year old son loved it, my husband loved it...It was truly delicious. We ate the whole dish in one sitting. And I don't have to feel guilty because everything (except the sauce) was fresh. My 11 year old said "we should have this more often, even when you're not on a diet". I conquer, we should. And we will. It was just that good.

If you're feeling a little frisky you should try this one, yourself. If you like lasagna, I think you'll like this...

Here's what else I ate today.

Breakfast - Yoplait light White Chocolate Strawberry yogurt & 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch - 2 Whole Wheat Wassa Crisp slices with peanut butter (just a little)
Snack - 100 cal. South Beach Diet Fiber bar
Dinner - Rawsagna



Workout
Okay, last year I ordered the Zumba! fitness DVD set and I'm ashamed to say I had never even really opened it. Today, almost a year later I finally decided to brush the dust off of the box and try a workout. It was lots of fun and I highly recommend it. You can find it here.

I can't wait to tell you how much weight I've lost, so far. You won't believe it!!!

Live Long and Live Strong!

1 comment:

  1. Going to try your recipe it sounds just yummy. I attended one free Zumba class they try to kill me, but when the class starts I'm in may after a few months I give it a try at home

    ReplyDelete