Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals are Dreams with Deadlines

If you want to lose weight or get healthy the best way to start is to set some goals. The best goals are those that are specific, measurable and achievable. Don't put too much pressure on yourself at one time. This will only set your up for failure. One step at a time, wins the race.

I'm part of the ScrapnFIT 90 Day Fitness Challenge and I have set some goals for myself as I strive to lose 40 by 40. I love paper crafting so I decided to put my goals and my starting weight photos in a scrapbook page. Now I haven't scrapped in a long time. I've been totally consumed in card marking, so I'm a little rusty, but I'll get my moxy back as I track this journey to fitness and good health.

On this journey to good health I will...
  • lose 40 lbs by my 40th birthday
  • drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
  • exercise 4-6 times a week for 30 minutes a day
  • eat 5 serving of fruits and veggies a day
  • practice portion control
  • plan my menu weekly
  • track my progress by posting monthly photos and measurements
  • blog daily to encourage others to get fit too
My reasons for getting fit:
  • to get off of the blood pressure medication I am taking, avoid high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease that seems to be so prevalent in the African American community
  • to be strong and healthy as I enter the 40s
  • to set an example for my sons, my friends and extended family for healthy living
If you're SERIOUS about getting fit in 2011 start by setting your goals. Be specific. The more specific the better. And don't forget to write your goals down. This makes your goals actual, real and definite. If you feel discouraged along the way, refer back to your goals and your reasons for getting fit. Revisiting them just might reignite your fitness flame!

Live Long and Live Strong!
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment